Photo Credit: William Hook
Dining out is unquestionably one of the preferred after-hours activities that countless people frequently enjoy. Even with the global economy still unstable and tough on the wallets, people often seem to make the time – and find the money – to go out for a bite at their favorite restaurants. The average family in the U.S. spends about $2,500 on dining out annually, which is a lot.
The great news for those who do not know is that you can save loads of money on your bill each time, by using a few of the best Smartphone applications on offer. These applications that work well with various mobile operating systems, including Android and iPhone, are individually geared towards saving you money each time you eat out.
Most effective ways to save money on your bill
1) Coupons that are offered by various restaurants are a very easy way to save money when you feel that extremely familiar urge to go out for a meal. Coupons are available from various places, but the Internet is the place where nearly everyone searches for coupons from their favorite restaurants. The application Yelp comes in very handy here.
With the Yelp app you are able to find out about all the meal coupons that are available in your area, but you have access to several other things as well. This includes millions of reviews, which you need when researching the restaurants you are interested in.
2) Millions of people worldwide are signed up to Groupon, which is the daily deal site that you can subscribe to free through an email address. They then send you daily specials and discounted deals from your region or city, which includes several popular not-to-miss meal discounts. Groupon offers an application as well. By using their app, you are able to save up to 50% and more at bars, restaurants and even selected grocery stores.
3) Visiting your favorite restaurant or bar during their “Happy Hour” is another easy way to save money, as many such establishments offer around 50% off on all their food and drinks. You will also be glad to hear that there is a Happy Hours application available from GoTime, which offers you all the happy hour deals close to your vicinity. You can easily use this app to conduct a search according to time and cuisine.
4) Checking into most restaurants will often result in a special discount, which is why you should have access to the Foursquare application on your phone. This app offers patrons instant and convenient access to various check-in specials offered in their immediate area, as well as quick tips on where to find various specials nearby. The specials often include a free appetizer or a discount of 20% and up on the final bill.
5) Knowing all the top quality restaurants in your district is always helpful, but make a point to know which days each of them offer certain discounted deals on drinks and specific meals. The Scoutmob application could help you with this. It is primarily a discovery tool that can be used to locate local restaurants. More specifically, the app provides you with instant information on meal discounts that are applicable in more than 12 cities in the U.S. All you need to do is show the waiter the deal you found and receive an easy saving of up to 50% on your bill.
Author Bio: Guest Post contributed by Loraine Heimann who is a freelance writer after a longstanding career in finance. Her articles appear on various finance blogs. Find out about Wonga.
Pingback: zig zagz
Pingback: Personal Injury Solicitors in Manchester
Pingback: Motorbike Accident Claim Solicitors
Pingback: name badge holders
You must be logged in to post a comment.